Shipping Update: New Floating Dock in Durban
On Friday 2 September 2016, Durban ship repair firm Dormac Marine officially welcomed and named its new floating dock, DORMAC DOCK 1.
The new dock is expected to substantially increase ship repair and maintenance capacity in Durban.
According to Dormac Marine’s website, dimensions and other information relating to the new dock are as follows:
- Overall length: 155 metres
- Pontoon length: 139.5 metres
- Pontoon height: 4.8 metres
- Dock height: 12.8 metres
- Width at outer side: 32.4 metres
- Width between entry fenders: 24.5 metres
- Dock lifting capacity: 8 500 tons
- Submersion depth: max 7 metres
- Over keel blocks: 5.7 metres